Thursday, December 2, 2010

I Must be the LUCKIEST Person Ever!!!!

I say I am the luckiest person ever, and I mean this in only a greedy sense of it. The above image is that of 5 MILLION DOLLARS! That is right! On November 24th I received a phone call from a gentleman who could not even pronounce my name. He called from a completely valid phone number of 876-597-1737 and told me that not only had I won 5 mill, but also a Mercedes Benz!


I am POSITIVE that they would have awarded me with the Mercedes that is pictured above. But then something inside my head stopped me from accepting... the world stopped spinning and I just thought:
WHOA!

Though I normally do TOTALLY trust people with major accents and difficulty saying my name... something in my gut told me that there just might be something fishy here. So I hung up on him and told him to take my name off of his calling list.

It was too good to be true, right?

I mean the voice at the other end, so soothing, so convincing... I have really been kicking myself for not accepting these gifts (for a very small fee, so I was told).

BUT WAIT! Could it be? Another opportunity to receive yet another wonderful and extravagant prize? This is just amazing. Opportunity has come knocking!

Today, I received a call from: 876-422-5768. A warmth came over me as I heard the soothing voice of a man with a thick accent who again mispronounced my name. My winnings today? Just a mere $200,000.00 and a LAME Lincoln Navigator 2010.

I am sure that this is the Lincoln that would be coming my way.
At the beginning of our conversation, the sexy accent on the other end of the phone was named Mike Bond. Mid-way through the conversation, his name miraculously changed to John McCoy. Oh this smooth talker was soooooooo convincing. Mr. Mike-Bond-John-McCoy told me he retrieved my information from the local Walmart that I shop at. He was floored that I had received NONE of the mailed notifications of my winnings. All things aside, I was given a simple list of instructions. All that is required of me is to pay a small fee, confirm that there was more than $1,000.00 in my bank account and confirm that I was indeed a U.S. citizen. Simple right?

Oh my gosh, I am so irritated. I hung up on Mike-Bond-John-McCoy once promising to report him, and he called back. Just for the hell of it, I answered again... and threatened again... and hung up again. Well, he called me back AGAIN. I did not answer the last time. I did report him to the local Walmart where I shop. I have also reported the number to some phonephishing site. I just don't feel like this is enough. There are plenty of people getting swindled out of their money, and this upsets me greatly.

PLEASE don't answer calls from the following numbers:
876-422-5768
876-456-0288
876-597-1737
702-347-9485

These are all I have for now. I know that the men with accents are really easy for the ladies to fall for, but DON'T DO IT! I didn't and I just wish there was more that I could do to take these butt heads down. I am at a loss of what to do. If anyone has any advice of how I can take this to another level I would be grateful!

Other than all of my winnings lately, things are going well. I hope that is the case with ya'll!

3 comments:

Hillary said...

Man! What if they were legit? Now you can't buy me that shiny new car for Christmas. I swear.

Nickie said...

You totally shoulda taken the prizes, I mean, a grand could have gotten you millions of dollars and a new car?!?! You are C-A-RAZY!!!
Do you want me to call them back for you? I will, maybe they'll still let you have the second prize, or just 100K and a Pontiac, something is better than nothing Pat.
This made me laugh and laugh, and I hope they call me, I shop at Wally World.
Love you!

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Well, now that you have missed out being rich I have taken things into my own hands. I'm meditating, using the phone numbers as a lead, and at this very moment Mr. Soothing Voice and Mr. Mike-Bond-John-McCoy are itching. Yes, they too have a rash.

You're welcome