Sunday, December 5, 2010

People: Either You Love Them or You Hate Them, Today... I LOVE THEM!

Today has been a pretty good day. B and I got a lot of stuff done that really needed to be done. But there is definitely a unique story about today.

I had a home health visit this morning at a facility in the valley. B dropped me off for my visit and went to run an errand while I was tending to my patient. I finished what I was doing about 5 minutes before B got back to pick me up. So I waited in the lobby of said facility.

I had not been there long when I was joined by a young man, perhaps in his mid-twenties. He had some sort of social deficit. I am not saying this to be judgmental by any means... you just need to read on, in fact, to give the best picture, I will type up our conversation.

Man: How are you?

Me: I am good'nd you?

Man: Not so good.

Me: Bummer... (not wanting to pry, so I looked at the Christmas tree). Man I need to get my tree up.

Man: I had a doctors appointment.

Me: Oh... so... good news or bad?

Man: Bad.

(silence)

(awkward silence)

Man: (quietly) I have a rash.

It was at that point that B arrived in the parking lot. I don't recall what my reaction to this poor man was, it wasn't mean, I just can't remember what I said. I told B that story as soon as I got into the car and he laughed right out loud.

And that is the reason that I love people today. Yeah, it was kind of creepy. It was also really funny. It takes all kinds to keep the world spinnin' right?

Love to you all!

2 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

I must surely be related to B becasuse I laughed right out loud too.

So, do you want homemade goodies this year or not? I will send an email in a bit giving the possibilities.

Sure do miss you, Trish. You are one of my favorite people

PS I have a rash but don't tell B.

Hillary said...

Well go find out where his rash was. What if I have the same one...

Curses!

Thanks for the chuckle.