Friday, August 29, 2008

TODAY!

Today my baby wore sunblock.
It was a much better day for us all.
Mainly for B.

My day was pretty darn good too.  I had a good day at work.  The LPN students started their nursing clinicals today and I had a student.  She was very good.
It was interesting how much my bosses had to say about how valuable I am to them in front of a student and their teacher.

Hmmm, I never knew they even liked me!!

My text books for school came today.  They look like they're gonna be good reads.  In fact I believe they were recommended by Oprah.
Understanding Pathophysiology 4th Ed., and Short Story Writers 7th Ed.
I am not sure if the second one is actually titled so.

My neighbor and I have began to bike the Smithfield Canyon next to our neighborhood every night.  It is a tough feet.  Tonight we actually made it to the end.  My seat was even not placed very well, so my climb up the canyon was an absolute hellish ride, but I did it!

B rode with us tonight.  He kicked our A's all the way up.  He is a much more advanced biker and just overall stronger.  Poor B got a flat tire on our way back.  Luckily I had packed my cell phone in my under the saddle pack and we were able to call my neighbors husband.

I have not yet picked code names for my cute lil' neighbors.
Hmmm, let's see.  
We shall name my girlie neighbor Peatree, as she had a praying mantis named Peatree in her bedroom when she was growing up that would eat all of the other gross bugs.  Sadly Peatree met an untimely and sad squashing death.  We can now keep Peatree alive through her.
Hmmm, now for her husband.
We shall name him Bero.  He saved B after his tire became flattened tonight, he is B's hero, hence Bero.
Our neighbors are absolutely fabulous people.  We are so glad to live next to them.
Well, I have an early morning so I really must get to bed.
Goodnight!!!

3 comments:

Nickie said...

I like the way you nickname people. It's like I can see the whole thought process going one in your blog...amazing.
Of course your bosses like you, they're probably just intimidated by you cuz you don't take no s*@! from anyone! Just tell them to stand on the curb on garbage day! HA!
Nice job on the bike riding!
Loves!

Bonnie said...

I like your new wallpaper on your blog. I left Bentley a Happy Birthday post on my blog last Sunday. I don't know if he read it or not because there are no comments on it. I am in Arizona right now borrowing my daughter's computer. I hope Bentley's sunburn is better and I loved all the dog stories and pictures.

Bonnie said...

I am still in Arizona. All the kids are at school and I am bored, so I thought I would check out everyone's blogs. Trish, I am glad that your bosses said something nice about you in front of your student nurse. Life is so short--I wish everyone would just say the nice things they think about people to their faces instead of just the criticism.

So, I just want you to know how much I admire you that you actually like being a nurse. People would pay me not to be their nurse. I love your quick wit and how you say the funniest things. I am so jealous of people who always have a quick, witty answer. About 2 hours after something has happened I might finally think of what I really should have said--if I am lucky. Most of the time, I can never come up with the clever answer.

People can get results a lot better if they have a sense of humor instead of just having every mistake someone makes be such a federal case. I forgot bus duty once and my principal told me off for 45 straight minutes in his office.

Keep being who you are and working hard and everyone will love and appreaciate you.
Love,
Bonnie