Thursday, August 28, 2008

B Got a SunBurn, All I Got was a Dead Grasshopper!


So B's work is having a Labor Day/Tent Sale event.  Being a tent sale, it is outside.  Today was the first day of the tent sale.  B thought ahead and wore a hat.  B did not think ahead and did not wear sun block.
Now B has the best hat burn ever.  Below is the best picture I could take of the hat burn.
Arnold, the sweet lil' thing forced me to make the dogs get hair cuts.  Last saturday my two mutts were dropped of at Petsmart to correct the beard cut I had given Arnold.
We get raw hide chews for the dogs and they just love to demolish as much of them as they can in as little time as possible.  
Well Arnold, who used to have a fantastic beard, chewed and chewed and chewed his rawhide and got a matt in his beard that got the bottom portion mixed into the top portion, thus inhibiting him from opening his mouth at full capacity.
So I being the brilliant dog owner that I am, had attempted to comb out the matts, however, I was very unsuccessful.  So finally, I was frustrated as was Arnold, so I got the scissors and cut them out.  Once I started I couldn't stop.  The matts just kept getting deeper and there were so many!
So I tried to even out his beard on the other side because he just looked silly.  By that time he just looked even more dumb.  So I called Petsmart to schedule their appointments and explained the issue to the pet groomer.
When we got to Petsmart the groomer asked which one was the one with the beard issue.  I replied "you tell me".  She looked at the dogs and just started to laugh.
Anyway, the groomer fixed Arnold and now he has no beard.  But he still looks cute! 
He is just a little camera shy.
Having put a picture of Arnold in I had to post one of Gordon too.  As hard as it was to get a picture of Arnold alone, I couldn't seem to keep him out of the frame to get one of Gordon alone too.  Oh those dogs are so darn cute!!
So now to the dead grasshopper part of my title.
I had the day off today and when I have the day off I just try to do some house stuff, homework, workout, but most of all, play with the dogs.  Today we rough housed a little bit and then we spent some time outside.  I was just sitting on our back steps watching the dogs jump on the grasshoppers.  All the sudden Arnold had his nose to the ground and his butt in the air and his tail was just a waggin'.  He had successfully picked up a grasshopper in his mouth.
After having picked it up, chewed, and spitting it out a few times, he realized the grasshopper was dead.
He then gingerly walked over to me and tried to get me to take the grasshopper from him.  I absolutely hate grasshoppers and instructed him to take the thing back out into the yard.  He placed it on the grass as close to the cement as he could.  I was gonna take a picture and post it, but when I went back out the grasshopper was gone.
Perhaps he wasn't dead after all and just played dead while we were out there.
I dunno though.  That's my dog!
Below is just a cute pic of B and Gordon.  In the back is all the laundry I have yet to do!
Man oh Man.  Here we also can see more of our lovely furniture.  Don't ya wish you could see the whole thing?  Well, come on up!
So lately there really hasn't been too much to talk about.
I started school on Monday.  Ho hum.  Anyway, it will be an easy semester.  I am only enrolled in two courses.  One is Pathophysiology and that is every Monday night in Brigham City.  The other is an English course that I have to take in order to fulfill my Depth Arts Humanities requirement.  It is an online course and is seeming to be pretty darn easy.  I think it is just reading and answering questions in essay format.  No tests in that course.  My Patho class has a few tests but most are group tests.  Just the final and the mid-term are not group.  But that is okay.  I think I will do fine.

Work has been work.  I have the mother of all DON's (director of nursing).  She is a woman in her fifties I think and one of those people who talks just to talk.  She will act as though she is listening to you and then dismiss everything you may have said just to get her own agenda across.  Oh ya, and she wears nothing but white scrubs.  Every now and then she throw on a pair of maroon scrubs, but usually it is nothing but white.
I really shouldn't rip on her, but it is clear to me that she doesn't like me.  I made a suggestion to her the other day about beefing back up on our aides hours as we have cut them back due to not being at full capacity.  She snapped back "well if I could have looked into my crystal ball then I would have known not to have changed the CNA hours in the first place".  Meow meow.  That's the last suggestion that I will ever make.

The latest and greatest:  IT WAS B'S BIRTHDAY!!!
I got him some tools, that he had to pick out cause I have no idea.  I also got him an outfit that he actually likes, I think, at least he hasn't taken it back yet.  I also got him a new office chair.  Hopefully this new chair will support his back better so he can get more office stuff done.
On the day of his birthday we went to a movie call Pineapple Express.  It is a pretty funny movie.  It is not for everybody though.  We sure enjoyed it.
My baby turned 29 years old.  I sure do love him.

3 comments:

Nickie said...

Hey, check out your sexy new blog!
Poor B, his back and now he has a hat sunburn, that guy can't catch a break can he?
Sorry about your DON, I do like the meow part though, you're killin' me smalls.
I love the grasshopper story, he was just showing you a little love in his little doggy way. I think it's sweet, at least it wasn't a rat! And, they look adorable with their new hair cuts, I wish you had a picture of the beard cut you gave Arnold though. It was probably sweeeet.
Loves!

bebe said...

Hey there!! Welcome back!! Happy Birthday B!! We need to get together and have a drink - or two - or three!!

We will get up there for a visit soon!! Give me a call sometime so we can just chat!!

LOVE youse guys!! Steve

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Dear Refuser of gifts given with a full heart, even if said gift is a chewed up grasshopper,

Glad to see you back! I've missed you.

Looks like you have the PS couch which stands for "pleasurably soft.” I can't wait to sit on it myself and say, "Aah!"

Kiss B's little red head for me. The doggies are beauriful, clean and tidy. Poor Arrnold would have starved to death in the wild, not being able to open his little kisser. Next time take a picture of your butchering...er, I mean barbering talents.

Soooo glad to have you blogging again.