Monday, December 15, 2008

Round Two Is A Go!!!

So round two of the crocheting business has gone much better.
I successfully made another beanie hat.
It did take me several attempts to get it right, but finally I got it.
Below you see a top view of B's new lovely hat!
And below here, a side view!
And below here a standing up side view, yes my beanies are so good that they can stand up all by themselves!!!!
And below is proof that my dear B's hat actually fits this time!
Pardon his lack of smile/attentiveness to the camera!
He is still cute nonetheless!
Thank you one and all for listening to my crocheting saga!
More to come I am sure.
B's last comment after thanking me:
"It is a bit loose, how do you make it tighter?"
I just can't seem to find that happy medium!
It will come in due time.
In other news:
I got and A and a B this semester!
Successfully getting my GPA high enough to apply to the RN program up here!
Woo Hoo!
And now, a story that I am still unaware of how I lived through it without laughing in this crazy ladies face!
So I was at work and the receptionist told me to go to a residents room to speak with her family.  Having dealt with this family in the past, I knew that I was in for a true treat.
I go up and find the family gathering some of her keepsakes and packing them away to take home with them.
She has recently been diagnosed with an ailment that once it hits full swing, she will not survive.  In the current moment she is fine and good though.
Anyway, the visitor takes me into the hallway and proceeds to speak to me about how she is arranging her loved ones funeral.
She tells me that she is going through the proper channels to get a permit to drive her loved ones dead body in their family van to her funeral.
The images I got in my head were not far off from 'Weekend at Bernies'.  I am simply not doing this story justice.
I guess you would have had to have been there.
All the while she is telling me about the money they will save going this route and all I could do was smile and nod and say the words "I bet".
Anyway lovely people, I will hear from you all soon I hope!
Much Love!

7 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

So, it's almost 1:00 AM and I am beyond tired. The sheets and comforter cover are still in the dryer and I know I can't just go upstairs and fall into bed. I had a root canal today and my cheek is all chewed up. Did I mention I am tired? I just finished my blog and had typed the word Zombie and was thinking of Zombie's and how they could be right outside my window and I click on your blog--very much congratulations on the grades Miss Smarty Pants--and the hat--and the choice of a handsome beast of a husband who just happens to be my wonderful son--and anyway, did I tell you about the image of Zombie's out the window and my tiredness and I am on your blog, reading about the hat when I hear screaming! Oh no. It's the zombie's! I rise in my chair until I am nearly levitating. More screaming. AND THEN I REALIZE IT IS YOUR MUSIC, "TIME AFTER TIME." It must have been a live concert but by now the adrenaline is rushing to every body part I have and some body parts that I don't have and now I WILL NEVER GET TO SLEEP! I hope you are satisfied.

When I am old and dead I want you to take me to Annabella, wrapped in a 1,000 thread count sheet and roll me into a hole, dug by prairie dogs. Please drive me there in a 1953 Ford. Baby blue. With a muskrat tail on the antenna. Do not play "Time After Time," on the way down. I want to be resting without the zombies in attendance.

PS Please make sure I am dead first and not just old and quiet.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

I commented before Yogurt Flavored!

Bonnie said...

Congratulations on this new hat. I think it looks beautiful and all of the stitches (loops) looks so uniform. I am so proud of you! I think you are terrific.

Of all the nerve--the relatives sound like people who leave in exciting football the last 15 minutes so they can beat the crowd out of the parking lot.
Can't they just leave her things there in her room until she is comatose or something. I would have loved seeing a video of this lady talking to you. I would also dearly love to see her driving the body in her van, too.

Thanks for the story.

Hillary said...

You and my mother are so funny. I thought I was over laughing with your post and then I read moms comment. That does it for her funeral it's all planned. I am not speaking at it by the way. She already know this.

I love heed's new heed. You are much to talented for the likes of such a camera ignorer. He should smile or at least look at you while you take pictures. That would be very civilized of him. Way to go on your grades! Whu hoo.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

I don't know what planet my daughter is from but my comment was NOT about my funeral, just about the burial. She should speak, you should speak. Everyone should speak and you should pat my cold, frozen cheek and tell me you'll miss me, but FIRST you must move back down here so we can hang out so often that you WILL miss me. And you can teach Hillary and me how to make wonderful beanie hats. And we can listen to you laugh and we will make denture fudge and play games.

Nickie said...

I am so envious! I cannot not not crochet, the crochet gods hate me, and want to mock me to my dying day! Nice job on the hats! I actually really liked the first one too, even though it didn't fit, B just has too big of a brain.
It's good to know that mom's talent isn't lost on both of us, you rock.
I love the story about the dead lady in the van, that's the way I want to go...in a van, remember that okay! I'm counting on you, dying wishes here. I don't know how you didn't laugh either, I probably would have, that's how considerate I am. Like when dr. gondalfi or whatever gave me my sex talk and I laughed the whole way through it. I know I totally annoyed him, but I don't feel bad about it, I think it's funny.
Anyway, when we get together again, you'll have to teach me your skills.
Rock on-wait-Crochet on!
Loves!

bebe said...

Hey...tell B if he wants the hat to fit better, he has to grow a bigger head!! STILL LOVE YA!!